14.2.12

Valentine's Day Gift Guide: Making Lavender Bath Salts With Epsom Salt

My husband loves soaking his feet in an Epsom salt bath, but I never understood why until I started doing some research. Epsom salt is actually much different than other types of salt and its beneficial properties are soothing to the mind, body and soul! It is considered a natural stress reliever and anti-inflammatory, helping muscles relax, relieving pain, exfoliating skin and much, much more. These specific properties make Epsom salt the perfect ingredient for making bath salts!

My son, Josiah, and I decided to make some Epsom Bath Salts for his teachers as Valentine's Day presents tonight and they turned out so well I decided to share the recipe! There are many different ways to make bath salts, so we looked around the internet and used the items we had in our own home. Here's our recipe:

Lavender Epsom Bath Salts
All the items needed : Epsom Salt, Baking Soda, Glycerin, Lavender Essential Oil
Food Coloring, Measuring cup & spoon, mixing bowl, stirring spoon & glass containers
Add 1.5 cups Epsom Salt
2-3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
Stir well (get rid of clumps)
2-3 teaspoons of glycerin
Add several drops of food coloring
and stir well
Add 10-15 drops lavender essential oil & stir
After we finished stirring, we filled the glass jars halfway with the blue colored bath salts. Then, we repeated the process, but used green food coloring instead. Here is the finished product....
It's a very easy project and the perfect gift for pretty much any occasion. Plus, we had a great time making the Epsom bath salts. It took less than 30 minutes! Josiah was ready to make more, but first we need to buy more containers!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! Those turned out super cute, too!

Mama Chocolate said...

That's so pretty! I love using bath salts too and may need to make some for myself besides gifts! :-)

Mimi N said...

Ahhhhh I love that! Look how easy it is. Never had a clue I could make something so cute and so easily! Will have to try this with my boys!

kailani said...

What a work of love!

lilpinksocks said...

I love how you did two different colors, looks like a fun diy project!

Post a Comment