19.2.12

Get Relief From Itchy Eczema With Neosporin Essentials


I was cursed with extremely sensitive skin and am always applying some kind of moisturizer or cream, but Liam has it much worse. He has eczema and is super sensitive to anything that comes in contact with his skin. We can only use certain detergents, lotions and bath wash. Plus, the dry winter weather always dries out his skin, making his eczema even worse. When it's really bad, he scratches areas in his sleep and makes them bleed, making it more difficult for the areas to heal. When I heard about Neosporin Essentials, I jumped on the opportunity to give it a try!

How do we manage Liam's eczema? We must keep skin healthy, clean and free of flare-ups, but that is easier said than done. Neosporin Essentials products are great for the entire family and work well to make skin healthier and eczema-free!  It's extremely important to treat the area where eczema is flaring up as soon as symptoms occur and, for the times in between flare-ups, it's important to continue taking good care of your skin. Neosporin Essentials are here to help!

Neosporin Moisture Essentials Daily Body Wash is gentle on sensitive and eczema-prone skin. We have often used oatmeal baths to help heal Liam's skin and lessen the itching. Neosporin Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream actually contains colloidal oatmeal, which not only moisturizes and heals, but also relieve skin irritation and itching! This is especially important for those with eczema! In fact, Neosporin Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream has actually been found to make skin visibly healthier within 3 days. For the time when flare-ups are at their worst and extremely itchy, Neosporin Eczema Essentials contains 1% Hydrocortisone cream to provide relief from itching and also works to moisturize skin! That's right, it doesn't more than just soothe the itching. It has been clinically shown to decrease redness, flaking and dryness while simultaneously visibly improve the health of your skin.

I couldn't wait to put Neosporin Essentials to the test. I received a trial pack containing all three of the Neosporin Essentials products. Liam's skin has been especially sensitive and dry lately due to the weather. His skin has started breaking out with eczema and I've noticed him scratching, too. I feel so bad for him and knew it was time to change our course of action! In the past, the only thing I found that really helped was Hydrocortisone cream, which mainly just soothed the itching, so the fact that Neosporin Essentials does more than just decrease the itching makes me excited at the prospect!
See the area with red splotches? This is what eczema looks like
and this can be found all over Liam's body during a flare-up!
We used Neosporin Essentials for only a few days before results started showing. Yes, only a few days!! We used Neosporin Moisture Essentials Daily Body wash, which did not break him out like many and most body washes. Then, we applied the Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream. When he was scratching, I applied the Neosporin Eczema Essentials Hydrocortisone Anti-Itch Cream. In only 2 days, I could feel that his skin was smoother. Usually there are rough patches where the eczema is beginning to show up. By day 3, we noticed the redness was very much decreased. After a week of using Neosporin Essentials products, his skin is moisturized, healthy and healing. There are a few raised, faded red areas still on his tummy, but, for the most part, the eczema is at bay! I can tell he is one happy boy and there has been no scratching during sleep. That is the biggest relief for me. I'm confident that Neosporil Essentials will be the perfect products for Liam's eczema. I know we are definitely fans now!
Liam showing Mama his belly without eczema! So silly!

I love that Neosporin Essentials products are not only great for sensitive skin, but can also be used by the entire family. There are so many products out there that are specifically for adults or just for kids. For families like us who are on a budget, this can get so expensive. We can save money and all benefit from Neosporin Essentials when our skin needs some help!

You can find coupons on the Neosporin website, including $3 off the purchase of any one Neosporin Essentials products AND $5 off the Trial Kit like we received for review. You can find Neosporin Essentials at several location, including WalMart, Target, Walgreens and more. You can also buy them online at Amazon with $3 discount coupons available (Just click the $3 coupon on the Amazon product page to activate before checking out.)

I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Neosporin Essentials and received a product sample to facilitate my review, and a promotional item to thank me for participating.

5 comments:

Danielle Harper said...

I will definitely have to check this out.... my oldest has sensitive skin and we have dealt with eczema since she was born.

Mimi N said...

SO glad to know about this. I have excema once a month (uh-huh) and I use a Rx. Would love to have an option that's over the counter! I'll be checking this out the next time I go shopping!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to try this. I have these same problems and the creams I've been using just don't seem to work sometimes.

Courtney @ Joy Of Momma Joyner said...

I would love to try the Moisturizing Cream! I am not great at remembering to put lotion on daily... But my skin is so thirsty right now, with this dry, cold, winter weather. I bet this cream would help a ton!

Brynn A said...

I am going to try this, my daughter gets it during the winter and this may help her more than the Aveeno I've been using. Thanks for the review!

Stopping by from the Fantabulous Weekend Alexa Hop :) Thanks for linking up www.mommydigger.com

Post a Comment