6.6.11

Important Info When Attending Blogger Conferences



In February, I went to my very first parenting conference, Parents Palooza, in Atlanta. I was so excited to be a part of it, but very nervous because I had no idea what to expect or what to bring with me. I wanted to advertise my blog and several of my sponsors successfully, but how? This post is about what I've learned is important to bring when promoting your business at a conference.

Before the conference, I took the time to look around online to see what types of promotional items were available at low costs. I wanted to promote my blog without spending a great deal of money,  of course. Being a review blog, I don't make much money, but am able to barter my advertising services for other business services. This works to our advantage because, as a blogger, you are able to receive many important items needed to successfully promote your business!

At Parents Palooza, I actually had a booth, so I had to figure out how to make Children Teaching Mama stand out in a crowd of 500 vendors. The first thing I ordered were my business cards. This is very important because you can hand them out at a booth or when you are just walking around and meeting people. I always kept man cards on our table, handed them out as I walked around, and I stuffed them in our promotional gift bags! Plus, I always keep them in my purse just in case I meet someone I'm interested in working with. Be sure to order in bulk because you will hand out many of them! I handed out a good 400 and had to order more when I got home! This is something I wish I had known before ordering cards because the more you purchase, the better deal you can get, especially at Tiny Prints

Business cards are definitely the most important item you will need when attending a conference. I have not attended a "Blogger Conference" yet, but can't wait. You bet I'll need a ton of business cards to hand out to businesses I could potentially review for and other bloggers I could work with in the future! I met several businesses and other blogger friends at Parents Palooza. 

Other important advice for advertising and being prepared at conferences? Just be yourself and have fun! Being nervous makes others nervous, so just take your time and get to know everyone. Before the conference, email businesses to see about trading services. I received many items- a nice banner for a backdrop, business cards, gift bags, and other sponsors provided items for an awesome giveaway package.

Are you going to a Blogger Conference this year? Have you purchased your business cards yet? Well, if you are a blogger and would like to have a chance to review Tiny Prints Business Cards, just click here to sign up!


Thanks to Tiny Prints and Global Influence, I will be receiving business cards from Tiny Prints to review for myself. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine and mine alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment