11.6.11

Russell Crowe & Circumcision Opinions

I was looking around on facebook this morning when I came across an interesting blog post about Russell Crowe. Apparently, yesterday he stated his opinions about circumcision via Twitter:

Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect.

 However, critics, of course took his statement on genital autonomy to be a criticism of other traditions and beliefs, to which he responded:


Wasn’t intending offense, certainly wasn’t intending to provide fodder for lazy journalists. I can’t apologize for my heartfelt belief.
And then later on he added:
I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities. I’m very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress.
My personal beliefs aside, I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry.  
I have many Jewish friends. I love my Jewish friends... but stop cutting your babies. I will always stand for the perfection of babies. I will always believe in God, not man's interpretation of what God requires.


 I applaud Mr. Crowe for standing up for his beliefs and, more importantly, our children! Finally, a celebrity writes something worth acknowledging on Twitter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this too and I was proud of him to vocalize his beliefs and not withhold them because the public "doesn't like it"!

Unknown said...

Go Russell Crowe!

Annie said...

I love this! I had not heard of him saying this till now, and I applaud him standing up for our babies like this!

Post a Comment