13.6.12

Traveling to Turkey For Your Next Vacation

I love traveling each summer to beautiful and exotic places with our family. Before we had children, we used to go on cruises and vacation more often, but now we have to plan everything out and make sure there are plenty of fun things to do for everyone! This year my husband and I are, once again, planning a nice trip just for ourselves. I'm so excited!

I just recently read about turkey holidays and think this would be such a fun vacation idea. I've always wanted to visit Turkey and with the great prices, it is now possible. There are so many things to do and see that I had to do my research and narrow them down to my top 5 places to visit in Turkey, so here they are:

1. Pamukkale Thermal Pools - You can relax in the warm, healing thermal pools while taking in the absolutely beautiful scenery! This looks so amazing!

2. Whirling Dervishes - Take in the whirling sema, a Sufi religious ceremony, that will captivate and amaze you. I've heard about this for many years and would be so excited to actually see this ceremony in person!

3. Hagia Sophia Museum - I love traveling to beautiful cathedrals around the world and have seen many. However, Hagia Sophia was the largest cathedral in the world for over a thousands years!

4. Turkish Riviera - I want to take a cruise, The Blue Cruise, across the riviera, which is absolutely gorgeous. We will take in the sights of the bluest bays and coves as well as ancient cities and busy ports.

5. Ruins of Ephesus - Seeing one of the seven Wonders of the World is definitely on my to-do list! When traveling here you'll see the Theater and the Temple of Artemis, both grand and beautiful even in ruins.

There are so many other places to visit in Turkey, but these are the top places on my list. If we have time, we'll add more, but I don't want to plan too much. We'll just play it by ear and, if we have time, we'll also see Mamure Kalesi and Topkapi Place. Where will you go on vacation this year?

3 comments:

Seyma Bennett Shabbir said...

We go to Turkey every other year. Spend at least 1 week in Istanbul. There is too much to do and see especially museums. Remember to bargain with ANYONE selling anything in a bazaar or street.
seyma_bennett@hotmail.com

Elena said...

Looks nice. I would like to visit sometime.

Kalkan Villas said...

You really mentioned some wonderful attractions to visit.

Post a Comment