25.4.12

Improve Your Home: From Countertops to Driveways

When my parents moved into their new house, it needed a lot of work done. Yes, they got a good deal, one that they could not pass up, but it definitely cost them some time to get it all finished. One of my mom's main concerns was the kitchen. She spends a great deal of time in there cooking, after all. So, she put my dad to work getting it ready.

We all did a great deal of research for the best products for the jobs. She wanted new flooring put in as well as a new countertop. My dad did most of the work with the help of some friends and learned a lot in the process. I think we all did! For instance, did you know how important it is the purchase a countertop sealer? You can purchase kits to do it at home and that's exactly what we did. My Mom wanted the counter to be shiny, so we picked a glossy coating!

The kitchen looked absolutely amazing by the time it was finished. She had us all over for a delicious meal to celebrate. We were all, of course, completely jealous. My dad was happy for it the be over, but that was not the end of his worries because they still needed a driveway! Their old home had a driveway, but this one was just a gravel area in the front yard that looked horrible. Driveways also have to be sealed, which is all new to me, but I can see why. The harsh weather where they live can cause all types of damage to the concrete they put  in, but with the sealer, it still looks as good as new and it is now 2 years old.

I can't wait to get my own home and start working on the improvements. I'm just like my mom and will be heading straight to the kitchen and updating everything. Are you planning to improve your kitchen or home in the near future? If so, leave a comment below and let me know what the big plans are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment