4.7.12

Feeling Better About Myself & Looking Great

It's the 4th of July week and I'm sitting on the beach right now. The weather is beautiful, the water is just the right temperature and everybody is looking nice and tan. I am thinking about where I was in life just one year earlier. Before having two boys, you would see me on the beach in my bikini strutting my stuff, but this time last year I was 30 pounds heavier and covering up myself as much as possible. I just didn't feel good about myself and was honestly embarrassed of the extra weight. At that point, I vowed that by July of 2012, I would not only lose weight, but feel better about myself. This was such a turning point in my life!


I decided to speak with my doctor about my issues and he completely understood. Even better, he told me these issues and feelings were totally normal and listed many different types of procedures I should check out. In addition to staying on a healthy diet and exercising, my sister suggested getting a tummy tuck. She actually had a tummy tuck a few years ago after struggling to get back to her pre-pregnancy figure. I honestly knew little about the subject until researching, but I did know she was extremely happy with her results and it made a world of difference for her confidence. This is exactly what I needed at that point.


So, fast-forward July, 2012 and here I am, on the beach wearing my bikini. Yes, I feel fabulous and couldn't be happier with the results of all my hard work and dedication. I know when you are dieting and nothing is happening, it can feel like such a dead end, but it doesn't have to be. Talk to your doctor, do your research and find which procedures are best for you. There is no reason to remain unhappy when you really don't have to be!

8 comments:

fancygrlnancy said...

As long as you feel good about yourself that is all that matters. I have a friend that also had a tummy tuck when she was not feeling so good about herself. So glad your a happier you this year! Happy 4th of July!!

brett said...

great post!! i'm glad you feel great!!

Becca said...

Congrats on making such great changes in your life in the last year :)

Alesha @ Full Time Mama said...

It's so great that you feel so much better about yourself! Nice to be on the beach now huh?! Good for you!! :)

Denise said...

that's great that you did what was good for you and what you needed. Have a great time on those beach vacations!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! If you are not happy you should do something about it :)

JKCrewell said...

I am so happy that you did what you needed to do! It took a long time for me to lose my baby weight and right when I did,I got pregnant again! ughhhh round two eek

Unknown said...

I have an extra 30 on my now and I totally get that whole self image thing. AFter 6 kids I feel like I deserve anything to get the ME back, but now am just over 50 and just can't warrant it for some reason. So happy for you and so nice you opened up this discussion. Mom's, ladies overall...go for whatever you need to do to get that confidence and pride back...don't wait til' "someday"...you are worth it all! I'd just say research til you are completely comfortable with a reputable doc, and do try other things first. Diet and exercise just don't work for some, so glad there are other options.

Post a Comment