17.10.11

A Better World Entertaining & Educational Facebook Game For Children & Adults

I love playing games on my computer and have been known to obsess over a few of them until reach the final level. My newest love is of all the Facebook games! I was excited to find out about A Better World, a Facebook game that encourages love, kindness, and gratitude!

Here's a little about it:

A Better World, created by ToonUps, is a Facebook game that rewards players not just for in-game activities but also for real world acts of kindness and expressions of gratitude, has soared to more than 120,000 players. Gameplay activities are designed to help everyone who participates feel better about themselves, be supportive of others and make positive choices in their everyday lives.  Players also can play mini games with inspirational themes; personalize their own characters and spaces in the game and play with and care for virtual pets.


My Thoughts

I was immediately excited to see how much there is to see and do while exploring A Better World, which made it fun to navigate and find new areas, friends, and even go shopping! All you do to get started is create your character and you are ready to go! You are then taken to your home and given directions on how to begin playing. Each begins with a new set of tasks to complete and, as you complete the tasks, you earn more "good gold". You can use "good gold" to purchase items like clothing, pets, house decorations, hair-dos and much more. When you walk around, you will encounter many friends and can not only visit their houses, but leave them gifts behind. There are so many people playing A Better World that I actually ran across some of my real-life friends and co-bloggers. I left a friend a necklace and was actually rewarded with "good gold"!

There are over 15 places to explore and there are many more being added in the future! Here are some of the first places I discovered and visited:

  • Department of Do Good – Take the time to share your good deals and see what other members have done, too! You can even support them for their deeds by giving a thumbs up! I realized this is also a great way to earn "good gold".
Visiting the Department of Do Good
  • Gratitude Grotto – An area where you leave messages of gratitude behind and can read/support messages left by others! I love reading everyone's messages.
Visiting the Gratitude Grotto
  • Sanctuary of Hope – A building where you can communicate your hopes & dreams and send encouragement to other players. This, too, is fun to read. You never know what you'll come across and you can also light a candle in support.
You can light candles in support of other people's messages of hope & write your own messages!
  • Positive Post- Where you can leave nice, positive messages for your friends and follow game members and also receive mail!  I wish someone would send me some mail!
  •  


    There are so many places to visit, I've really only began to scratch the surface. I'm so amazed at how many people are always playing and walking around. I'm still a newbie and look forward to all of the new lists of assignments and upcoming fun additions to the game. I'm a big fan of the arcade room and have been playing games like crazy. Like I mentioned, it's so fun to see several of my Facebook friends already playing the game, which makes it more fun for me since I can leave them messages, help them with their gardens, visit their homes, and much more! 
    I am a huge fan of this game and, unlike most games on the market these days, I would have no issues with my children playing this one. It teaches kindness, compassion, and gratitude. What more can you really ask from a game? There really isn't anything negative I can say at all about this game. It's entertaining, easy to figure out, and has an amazing message for everyone to take away. It keeps a smile on my face all day after playing, especially when someone else I don't even know chooses to do something nice for me! Take a moment to check out this game and I bet you'll be hooked, too!Click here to start!
    I was given the opportunity to share my thoughts and opinions on A Better World. I received gift card as thank you for my participation. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment