4.4.11

American Sandbox Dictionary of Children's Mispronounced English Book Review

When your babies start talking, it's such a joyous occasion, but the hilarity really begins once they start talking non-stop and how they think words are truly pronounced. Josiah, at almost 4 years old, still calls a Mohawk a "MoHop" and I really just can't bring myself to tell him he is incorrect. I was so excited to see a review for The American Sandbox Dictionary of Children's Mispronounced English! It's true, you never know what children will say and The American Sandbox Dictionary is an homage to the cute and not-so-cute words and phrases they often mispronounce.

I remember when the author, Alvin Zamudio, was seeking cute children's quotes submitted by parents. I submitted a few of my own and, as I flipped through the books, it was funny to see how many children mispronounce the same words and seem to have their own kind of language. Examples include a "girl cheese", what Brad, age 3, calls his yummy grilled cheese sandwich, a "glasshumper", as Perry, age 4, calls the grasshopper outside his window, and, my favorite, "Hairy Potty", a very creative name for Harry Potter by Jakob, age 5.

I was cracking up all the way through the book! I definitely recommend this book for a good laugh. This is a great gift for parents and parents-to-be. My sister-in-law is due in May and I know she will absolutely love this book. She has no idea what she is in for!

Buy It
Purchase the American Sandbox Dictionary of Children's Mispronounced English today for only $7.42 on Amazon.com! What a deal!

Do you have a word to submit for the next edition? Click HERE to enter it!

1 comments:

Alvin Zamudio said...

Hi! This is Alvin Zamudio! Thanks so much for the review, and... did you submit "MoHop" for the second edition? Please do... on the website... americansandbox.com I totally want that in the next book!!! Love it!

Thanks again!

Post a Comment