18.5.11

Carrabba's Pasta Personality Quiz & Delicious Dishes

I just took the Carrabba's Pasta Personality Quiz on Facebook and the results said my personality is "Spaghetti". Sometimes I feel like my brain is full of spaghetti, that's for sure!! Spaghetti is a classic and something I know the kids will enjoy every time I make it, especially with meatballs. I'm not sure I have a "warm and comforting personality", but we sure are a spaghetti eating family! What's your Carrabba's Pasta Personality? Take the quiz and comment below to tell me what the quiz results were. I'd love to hear about all of the answers.

 Do you like Italian food? We sure do and we eat it at least once a week. With the current economy, we, of course, can't afford to go out to eat every single time, but it's been fun for us to come up with some new and exciting recipes. We each have our favorites, but there is one simple dish that always satisfies dinner guests and kids alike. It's my Veggie & Shrimp With A Garlic White Wine Sauce Over Linguini. I used to work at an Italian restaurant in college and, since then, I've loved to experiment with different recipes. I've been making this one for years and my husband always suggests I make it for dinner parties. It never fails. Plus, it's very easy to make! Here's my recipe:


Veggies & Shrimp With A Garlic White Wine Sauce Over Linguini

-1.5-2lbs shrimp
-3-4 garlic cloves (crushed)

-2 TBSP EVOO
-1 onion
-1/2 cup white wine
-Butter (I like using a lot because this makes the sauce delicious and creamy!Try about 5oz or so depending on how much sauce you like)
-cooked linguini
-baby spinach leaves (1-2 handfuls)
-diced tomatoes
-mushrooms (optional, though they taste great in the sauce)
-Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
-Lemon Juice (optional- I just think it goes well with the recipe)

Directions

-Heat olive oil in a pan (saute pan or a wok works really well) and add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute until the onions start turning golden.
-Add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes until done (don't cook too long or they'll turn rubbery)
-Add butter, white wine and a squeeze of lemon juice
-Add baby spinach leaves and tomatoes (1-2 minutes)
-Add Salt & Pepper to taste

Once the linguini is cooked, throw it into the pan with all the other ingredients to saute everything together and saturate it in the sauce! Then you are ready to serve! It looks especially nice with a few sliced roma tomatoes and a basil leaf on top.
----

You should give this a try. I'm actually making it tonight and have all of my ingredients ready. No mushrooms for my boys, though, so that can be left out. This recipe works well with chicken, too!


What is your favorite Italian food recipe? What do you most often cook for your family? It's amazing how a great Italian dinner can really make everyone feel at home. That's why I love serving Italian food at my dinner parties. Paired with a nice wine, everyone could sit around the table and talk for hours, enjoying great food and conversation. Just writing this makes me want to throw a dinner party again very soon!

Want to get out of the house and enjoy some delicious Italian food with your family? Carrabba's has some great dishes starting at only $10! Everything is fresh to order, too, so you really can't beat that! Here are some of their new limited time pastas, dishes, and a wine:


Featured Signature Pasta Meal:
Pasto Rambo – Named for the chef who created it, it’s made with shrimp tossed with imported Italian linguine, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes sautéed in our basil lemon butter sauce. Lobster is available instead of shrimp for an additional cost.

Other Limited Time Offers:
Parmesan-crusted Chicken – Topped with fresh arugula and grape tomatoes tossed in a hand-prepared lemon vinaigrette, served with choice of side. Substitution of wood-grilled chicken also available. Pairs well with Estancia Pinot Grigio.

Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – Three pork tenderloin medallions wrapped with prosciutto, wood-grilled and topped with an apple and fig infused port wine sauce, served with the vegetable of the day. Pairs well with Coppola Pinot Noir.

Limoncello Bread Pudding – Back by popular demand! Brioche bread pudding made with fresh Madagascar vanilla beans and a rich custard, served hot out of the oven. Topped with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream and drizzled with Carrabba’s homemade Caravella Limoncello liqueur sauce.

Now Introducing:
Peach SangriaCarrabba’s new light and fruity Peach Sangria blends Copper Ridge White Zinfandel, Absolut Apeach vodka and Patrón Citrónge with a splash of citrus. Topped with a fresh lemon wedge and strawberry, it’s a taste of the Amalfi Coast in spring.


Ready to visit Carrabba's? I know I am. Find a location nearest you at www.carrabbas.com! There are more than 230 locations nationwide.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Carrabba’s blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment