5.11.10

Family Time At the Dinner Table


Growing up, we ate dinner at the kitchen table every night. There was no option to eat elsewhere; it was a given. We sat around, discussed our day, and enjoyed our dinner. It was the one time of the day we could sit back, relax, and enjoy each other's company without any other interruptions.

These days, more and more families fail to take this time to sit, as a family, and enjoy dinner. I have to admit, we often fail to do so, too. With activities, the Hubs working late, and other distractions, it's easy to lose track of time and eat with the kids on the floor. I know, I know!

I decided we needed a new dining room table. My mom's table is my inspiration to sort through a variety of beautiful drop leaf tables to find the perfect one for our dining room! I'm sure this would give me the push I need to start eating dinner at the table every night with the family, right?

Maybe something beautiful and ornate like this table would be great one day... you know, when the kids aren't ruining all of my furniture...


Or maybe something classy like this table would be perfect for our tastes: somewhat simple, but tastefully elegant. I love the carved chairs, too.

The past two months I have participated in CSN Stores Giveaways for $55, but this month I'm going to opt for a review! It's time to try out CSN Stores for my own home and find something great to show you guys! So, check back in the near future for my review post.

1 comments:

fancygrlnancy said...

I can't wait to see what you get! Have fun shopping.

Post a Comment