22.11.10

Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes & Glazes Review


About Duncan Hines Decadent Cakes & GlazesDuncan Hines®, the well recognized brand that has been helping families create delicious memories for 60 years, introduces the latest breakthrough in deliciousness at the baking aisle – Decadent Cakes and Glazes. Duncan Hines new Decadent Cake Line with two new incredibly indulgent offerings – Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake with real chocolate chunks and rich fudge and Duncan Hines Decadent Apple Caramel Cake with real apples and rich caramel. With more people entertaining at home and looking for better quality desserts, these decadent cakes are perfect. Both cakes contain zero grams of trans fat and NO hydrogenated oils. They are available in cake baking section of supermarkets nationwide in 20 oz size boxes at a SRP of $2.99.

Simultaneously, Duncan Hines launches Decadent Glazes, a one of a kind glaze designed to elevate the baking experience with a whole new way to top your desserts. Available in Chocolate and Vanilla, Decadent Glazes help home chefs create spectacular desserts with professional results. Only Duncan Hines offers this versatile topping to complement your baked goods or any dessert with a touch of sweetness and flavor. What separates Decadent Glazes from frosting is they are not as heavy or sweet as frosting and are convenient to use. These glazes are available in a 10 ounce squeeze bottle at an SRP of $2.49.

My Thoughts
I love baking and especially love Duncan Hines cake mixes. They are, in my opinion, the thing to a homemade cake! I honestly can't tell the difference, but their cake mixes are definitely much easier to prepare and cook! I couldn't wait to make the Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake. Even the picture on the box made my mouth water. Josiah, my partner in crime, and my niece, Rylee, were more than willing to help me prepare the batter... and sneak a few licks of the extra chocolate when I wasn't looking.

What makes the cake extra chocolaty is the added chocolate sauce with chunks of chocolate, which you swirl into the cake batter after it's in the pan. Once it's baked, the chocolate sauce makes the inside of the cake so yummy, with pieces that are chocolate gooey deliciousness.

the batter and chocolate sauce

Want even more chocolaty goodness? Next, add the Chocolate Decadent Glaze. The Decadent glazes are a great idea and taste amazing. You just pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until it turns into a smooth hot fudge glaze. Josiah helped me drizzle it all over the cake. As if that weren't enough, we also used some of the Vanilla Decadent Glaze!
Notice the sneaky little finger on the left!
I thought the two kiddos were going to explode before they could get the cake in their mouths! I made the cake for a dinner party we threw for my in laws and, in a matter of minutes, most of the cake was devoured. Not that I can blame them; it was absolutely delicious. I was reminded of a hot fudge cake. The only thing missing was some ice cream.

enjoying their work!

I highly recommend the Duncan Hines Decadent Cake Mixes and Glazes, especially for your upcoming holiday parties. It was easy to make, looks beautiful, and tastes delicious. What more could you ask for? Believe me, your guests will be talking about your delicious cake for months to come! Josiah is already asking me when we can make another.

So, are you ready to buy a Duncan Hines Decadent Cake and some Glaze? At only $2.99 for the cake and $2.49 for the glaze, they are more than affordable! Plus, click HERE for a $1 coupon! What a great deal!

This review was written for Duncan Hines in conjunction with The Family Review Network. I was not, in any way, other than the product received to review. All opinions written are completely and 100% mine and only mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment