18.11.10

Comfort & Joy

Comfort & Joy


Only 4 short years ago I was a single gal living the college life in a college town. I had great friends and enjoyed going out on the town every weekend. Everything seemed to be great in my life, but something was missing. I wasn't sure what it was until I met C.

We worked together and became fast friends. Then, a few months later we started spending more and more time together. Then, we were dating. I was overjoyed with my life at that point and, for the first time ever, I could see myself being with someone for the rest of my life. It was a strange yet comforting feeling. We were even talking about what it would be like to start a family.

About a year later we rented a cabin in the mountains and had a small ceremony on our back deck. A few months later, I became pregnant with my first son, Josiah. I was so excited and nervous. I thought I'd never be able to have children due some fertility issues, but it only took us about 4 months! The pregnancy was nerve-racking. I had no idea what to expect, how much our lives would continue to change, or if I would be a good mom. What was to come?

When asked the question, What brings brings me comfort and joy, I think back to the first time I felt nothing buy joy and comfort, the first time I held my newborn son in my arms. All that worry, all the nervousness, it just faded away as I looked into his eyes. I knew our lives were going to change in ways I'd never imagine, but, all of a sudden, I couldn't wait.

Since then, life has been such a journey. Our life has changed and we've even been blessed with another little boy, Liam. Comfort and joy, to me, is our family. It's something familiar, full of love, commitment, and unending support. Watching my boys play each day makes me smile, makes me so joyous, I could just shout over the mountaintops about how lucky I am. Whatever did I do to deserve this life?

I've found a unique way to share this comfort and joy with others, an outlet of sorts that began one short year ago. I started blogging. I write about everyday things- toys, playing with the boys, arts & crafts, and our eco-conscious lifestyle. I write about my boys, how they were born, when they get sick, and all of the phases of life they go through. I want to teach others what I know and, in return, learn from them as well. I want my blog to be a place where people can go to talk, to meet new people, and to be a family of sorts. I hope that, in some small way, these brings others the comfort and joy my family brings to me. I consider my readers a family, too, because without them, I wouldn't be here! So, thank you, readers! I sincerely appreciate you all!

Need a tissue? Go HERE to send someone you love a pack of Kleenex tissues! My mom actually sent me some the other day!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kleenex blogging program, making me eligible to get a $40 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here

1 comments:

MaryB said...

This is lovely, Roxanne!

Post a Comment