27.10.10

Yo Gabba Gabba There's A Party In Atlanta Review

Saturday afternoon we loaded up my 3 year old son, Josiah, and his cousin, Rylee, for a trip to Atlanta! They loving going to the big city and were super excited as to why we were going! We were off to see Yo Gabba Gabba Live! I had no idea what to expect before arriving, but I was sure we'd have a great time. The show was at the Fox Theater, a beautiful venue in the heart of Atlanta. I've been there several times, but never to see a kid's themed show so, this was definitely a first.
 




Waiting for the show to begin!
The theater was full of energy from the get go. While waiting, I bought the kids (and myself) cotton candy. By the time the show began, we were pumped and full of sugar!! DJ Lance took the stage and the show began. Really, it was a nonstop feast for the eyes. When Josiah and Rylee weren't up and dancing, they were on the edges of their chairs, watching intently. I have to admit, I was, too. Even if you don't watch the show religiously or know the words to the songs, it's entertaining and, it's not all just for the kids.

The Intro! There's Muno! Hi!!
 Halfway through the show, there was a pause for a potty break, thank goodness. I took Josiah, who was amazed at the ornate bathroom with sofas and chairs. It was so funny. We had to stop by one of the vendor booths to get these cool Yo Gabba Gabba light-up sticks. Of course, all of the items are a little expensive, but the light-up sticks work with batteries so, they will last a very long time. I'm all for getting my money's worth, of course! They had other cute items starting at around $10, too, like Foofa Flower headbands.

Dancing!
When the show started back, one of my all-time favorite rap superstars took the stage, Biz Markie. He's most memorable to me for working with the Beastie Boys back in the 90s. I was a huge fan! He actually took the time to sit with the kids on the stage and teach them to beatbox for about 5 minutes. The kids were hilarious and absolutely loved him. There were also several guests on Saturday, including two actors from 30 Rock and The Drive-By Truckers, a much loved band from my hometown of Athens, Georgia!
There's a party in my tummy song and dancing, our favorite!
I was actually sad when the show was over almost 2 hours later. We all had such a wonderful time and would absolutely love to see them again sometime. Oh, in addition to the awesome show, we all received balloons that dropped from the ceiling for everyone and DJ Lance glasses (the Hubs is wearing them in the picture) so, everyone left with some momentos!
Brobee being carried away by balloons right before thousands fell from the ceiling!
There are still many Yo Gabba Gabba Live events going on around the US so, click HERE to see if there is one near you! I want to thank Michelle Sisco PR for her wonderful job advertising the events and for providing us with tickets in exchange for my review and write-ups!



0 comments:

Post a Comment