17.8.11

The Smurfs Dance Party Wii Review


I remember waking up early every Saturday morning to watch The Smurfs when I was child in the 80s.It was one of my favorite shows (along with Fraggle Rock, of course) and I looked forward to watching it each week. Imagine my extreme excitement when I saw the preview for The Smurfs movie last month!! Now you can find Smurfs everywhere... in happy meals, at Toys R Us, and there are even fun games for the Wii and Nintendo DS.

I received The Smurfs Dance Party from UbiSoft to review on our Wii and couldn't wait. We have Dance, Dance Revolution and it's so much fun, but I wanted something the kids could do. Dance, Dance Revolution needs a mat and takes a great deal of concentration and coordination (no of which do I have, but I still  try). This is just too much for smaller kids and they don't get the concept and all the funky symbols all over the tv, though they love the music.

Game Info
The Smurfs™ are back in an all-new dance video game based on the best-selling Wii™ games Just Dance® and Just Dance® 2. Kids and parents will dance with their favorite Smurfs characters to popular, top-of-the-chart songs in this fun, high-energy game. The Smurfs Dance Party is based on Sony Pictures' and Columbia Pictures' upcoming hybrid live-action/CGI blockbuster movie, in theaters July 29, 2011.
  • Chart-topping singles: Dance with friends to top-of-the-chart tracks from popular artists like Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, and Aly & AJ.
  • Legendary characters and heroes: Dance alongside you favorite Smurfs, including Papa Smurf, Smurfette, and Clumsy Smurf!
  • Real moves: Perform easy-to-follow dance moves choreographed by real experts from various styles of music!
  • All new modes and songs: Party to hours of fun multiplayer modes for kids and parents!

My Thoughts

I love that The Smurfs Dance Party allows kids (and parents) to participate and dance along to music with your Wii remote! It's so much simpler than having to drag out the mat and get everything situated just right. You can easily move the remote to follow your follow your favorite Smurfs characters on the screen.

There are so many great songs and, since I love listening to music, I was excited to hear all the catchy beats. Even Josiah recognized several of them. Some of the songs were special Smurf songs, too, which the kids thought were hilarious and fun. Also, the songs are rated by difficulty, so we knew which ones we should try... AKA the easiest ones!  The great thing about this game is that I had just as much fun playing it as the kids. The judges rate your performance, but no one actually loses. It's fun to see how much you improve as you keep playing.

I had a great time with this game and highly recommend it for kids who enjoy music, dancing, and, above all, the Smurfs! You can purchase The Smurfs Dance Party on Amazon.com for only $29.96!

Thank you to Ubisoft for sponsoring this blog post. Please click here to learn more about Ubisoft. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment