15.8.11

Tommee Tippee's "The Day Baby Was Born" & The Day Josiah Was Born

The day Josiah was born was one of the happiest days of my life. My husband was still in law school when we got pregnant and we were living on pennies back then. Just as Hemingway said (in so many words), we may not have had much money, but those are the times I look back on with fond thoughts and happiness. The day I was scheduled to be induced was a joyous occasion, especially because I thought the day would never come since he was 2 weeks behind schedule!! I was in labor for over 23 hours and was beginning to think he had decided to stay in there. I ended up with a c-section and, the moment we heard his little cry "Meehh,Meehh" we both broke down into tears and smiles. It was absolutely amazing. My husband and I still get teary-eyed whenever we reminisce about that day. I only have a few pictures to look back on the day and only memories about the entire pregnancy. I always wanted to keep a journal or do something to help me remember, but just never got around to it. Now there is a brand new way to do so!

Tommee Tippee has an all-new web application called "The Day Baby Was Born". You can write as much or as little as you wish, but I would have absolutely used the entire service. You can easily write up your journal documenting the entire pregnancy all the way up to the birth of baby! In addition, you can add pictures, like ultrasound pictures, to it, too!

Once baby is born,  you can add all the info about him/her along with pictures. Then, family members can write their own messages and congratulations for you and the baby. Oh, and you can add fun facts about the year, like what's going on in the world. I love reading my baby book and seeing what was going on in the world back in 1980, so I'm sure our children would love to be able to do the same. Another thing I absolutely love is that you can write baby a letter just from you to preserve the memories and exact feelings from those special moments.

The great thing about The Day Baby Was Born is that it is completely FREE and you can download the PDF to keep forever. This way you can print it out and make keepsake books, too. There is also an added feature which allows new parents to send out birth announcements.

Like I mentioned, you can do as much or as little as you want. You can share the entire process with Facebook friends or only certain people. You may even choose just to do it for yourself. There are so many things I can't remember from my first pregnancy, you know, the little things. What I felt like at first, those "will I be a good Mama" thoughts, etc. It was much different from my second pregnancy. I checked out the application just to see how it worked and it was so simple. You don't have to be internet savvy to understand what to do. The app guides you through the entire process! I wish something like this had been available back then! 2007 feels like a million years ago. I would have done it in a heartbeat, especially since we were on a budget and it was free. How many things are free these days?



Click HERE to start your storybook today!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tommee Tippee blogging contest for a chance to get a gift pack worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment