5.8.11

FlipFlop Wine Review: Delicious Wines At Great Prices

 I'm no wine connoisseur, but I do know what I like! My tastes definitely vary depending on the season and meal we are having. I like a diverse array of flavors and love when I can taste the fruits and spices. I'd seen FlipFlop Wines at the grocery store, but had yet to give them a try, so I was very excited to have a chance to review them.


About FlipFlop 
With flipflop wines, we have embraced the movement toward individualistic expression, instead of manufacturing wines into some cookie-cutter style that’s all the rage. Our goal is to craft expressive, well-balanced wines that evoke just what the grapes inside intended, without being over-wrought or over-explained, and that can be enjoyed at any occasion. 

My Thoughts

I received 3 bottles of FlipFlop wines to review, including their Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, and Riesling. We ended up taking them to the beach so the entire family could give them a try (the ones 21+, at least)! The first we tried was the FlipFlop Riesling, to toast the beginning of our week at the beach. Chilled in the cooler, the Riesling was sweet and refreshing. As someone who is a huge fan of German Rieslings and used to live in Germany, I am very picky about Riesling flavors and FlipFlop was absolutely delicious. My mom also concurred and she usually thinks Rieslings in the U.S. are too sweet. This medium bodied wine had the perfect amount of sweetness with hints of peaches, apricots and melon. I could definitely taste the peach flavor.

Next we tried the Pinot Noir! The medium bodied red wine was very smooth and a great wine for those who don't usually drink reds. I love reds and thought this was a very mild blend. Store this one at room temp on your wine rack and open when ready to drink. The website recommends pairing the Pinot Noir with seafood or chocolate chip cookies. We tried it with chocolate chip cookies and it made for a great combination of sweet and bitter. I recommend giving this a try!

Lastly, we tried the FlipFlop Pinot Grigio. Served chilled, I love pairing Pinot Grigio with Italian food. I used to work at Olive Garden when I was in college and this would have been perfect for their wine list! I can imagine drinking it with some bruschetta. Yummy! This is a light bodied blend with a hint of pear. 
What I like about FlipFlop wines is that they are high quality wines and at great prices. Most sell for $10 or less. My mom said she found them on sale somewhere this week at 2/$8! That's an amazing deal for such delicious and versatile wines. I highly recommend these for your next dinner party. You'll definitely be hooked. 


This review was written for FlipFlop Wines. No compensation was given other than the three bottles of wine for the purpose of writing my honest opinions and thoughts. All opinions expressed are 100% mine and only mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment