17.5.13

Send a Johnson's Baby Care Card To a Mama & Support Early Childhood Education

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for JOHNSON's Baby. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Last week was Mother's Day and when my husband asked what I would like to do for the day, I told him I just wanted to spend the day outdoors as a family, so that is exactly what we did. We sat outside on the porch, watching the kids and reminiscing about becoming parents for the first time. The day I found out I was pregnant with my first son, Josiah, I sat in disbelief and happiness. I couldn't believe I was going to be a mom and was so excited, but there were also those nagging thoughts in the back of my head. I wondered if I would be a good mom or how I would be able to handle staying at home with the baby and I have to admit that there were some tough days as a new mom. Well, here I am almost 6 years later with two beautiful little boys and I couldn't be happier. However, there are days as a stay at home mom that are just plain hard. I'm sure all other moms can relate to those "bad mom days" where we just can't do anything right. I feel this way when Liam gets a boo boo from falling on the stairs or when Josiah has a hard time with his homework and I just can't seem to explain it correctly.
My sweet boy cuddling his teddy bear, Peanut Butter.
On days like this, I sure need some kind of reassurance to keep me going and to make me feel like everything is going to be okay. Just recently, I was talking to one of my friends about Liam's chemotherapy treatment and he said, "You know, you are so strong and such a great mom". He had no idea, of course, but that really made me feel great. Today, as I was working on the computer, Josiah came in, reached over and kissed me and said, "I love you, Mama". Even those small, sweet actions are all the reassurance I need to keep me smiling.

One of our favorite brands, Johnson's also knows just how important these types of reassurances are for moms, especially on those tough days that never end. Johnson's has made it easier than ever to share some encouraging words to a mom with the Johnson's Baby Care Cards. After clicking the link you just select a message, choose an image that you think best fits your message, and send it to a mom! This is such a creative way to let another mom know how much you care. Plus, you can send the card via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail.
The great thing about sending a Johnson's Baby Cares Card is that for ever card that is sent, shared or liked, Johnson's Baby will donate $1 to Save the Children (up to $150,000) to benefit early childhood education! So, not only can you really do something sweet for a mom, but you will also help benefit the education of children. If that isn't incentive enough to send a card, I don't know what is, so get over to the website and send a card (or three) to one of your friends or family members who could use some words of encouragement.

I shared my card with my best friend, Holly, who just became a new mom for the second time. She's staying home with her little one for the next 4 months and is such an awesome mom. She deserves something special and, since I don't get to see her or tell her often enough, I thought this would be a great way to say I love you!

What do your kids do for you to give you that extra reassurance you need each day? To whom will you send a card?

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for JOHNSON's Baby. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

3 comments:

Danielle Harper said...

The other day my five year old told me "When I grow up I want to be a mommy just like you.".... that just melted my heart. Those little moments truly make it all worth it.

BrettBMartin said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day, R!! Even the tough moments are part of our journey- without them, we'd never appreciate the amazing ones <3

Robin Wilson said...

I didn't realize that Liam was going through chemo. I am too, and if I could I would take it for him, I promise you I would. You put your kids first I can tell. And it is the little things that can put a bounce in your step or a smile on your face. My son is grown, but still at home going to college. On my really bad days he will come in my room, I spend a lot of time in bed these days, kiss me on the cheek and just make sure I am okay. You can't ask for more than that!

Post a Comment