9.5.13

Come Join The MetLife #SocialBlackout Movement With Us On Mother's Day

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for MetLife. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
#SocialBlackout Badge
Growing up, I remember my mom would get so excited when May came around because her birthday was right before Mother's Day, so we are had two reasons to celebrate! Now that I'm a mom, I have to admit I get very excited when Mother's Day gets closer, too. Why? Because the day is always centered around being together as a family. We are such a busy family, always on the go, at work or on the road, so having a day devoted to family time and mom is exactly what I need. For Mother's Day this year, we will be grilling out at Grandma's house with the entire family. That means there will be a house full of love and laughter for the day. My nephew's 2nd birthday is actually the day before Mother's Day, so we will party all weekend! My boys are growing up so quickly and I don't want to miss any special moments with them. Mother's Day is just another chance for us to make those special memories they will one day tell their own kids. What are you doing to celebrate for Mother's Day this year?
My Two Sweet Boys Are Growing Up So Quickly!
 MetLife has a special way to celebrate Mother's Day this year and would love for you to participate. They have created the #SocialBlackout movement. What does this mean? It is a challenge to log off of ALL social media on Mother's Day, May 12th, to spend time as a family and give Mom all of the time and attention she deserves! I completely support this idea and love the thought of us staying offline for the day and purely enjoying each other's company. Be sure to check out the MetLife Facebook page for more info about the #SocialBlackout event!
Our last special occasion that was spent offline was Easter & we had a great time!
As I write this, my husband is on his iPad reading the newspaper, which is a nightly occurrence. In addition, my six year old enjoys playing on his Nabi during the weekend. When they are playing or reading I know they will not listen to a word I say. I could basically say anything and my husband would just smile, say "uh-huh", and nod is head. It's fun to mess with him sometimes, but other times it is just plain annoying. This is why it will be nice to participate in the #SocialBlackout and also why I was so happy that he RSVP'ed for the event! You can RSVP, too, by clicking here. You should get your other family members and friends to join the event as well. This will be your pledge to stay off of social media on Mother's Day. Can you do it? I know that it will be hard for some of us to resist, but I guarantee you will have a great time as a family and can make it a day of great memories.

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for MetLife. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

1 comments:

Danielle Harper said...

This year we will be attending church, eating lunch at a local Italian restaurant, and going bowling as a family! It's sure to be a great time and I also RSVP'd for the Social Blackout.... I totally need a break from it and spending time with my kiddos is way more important.

Post a Comment