19.9.12

Great Baby & Toddler Gift Ideas For Special Occasions

As a parent, it is very important to me to look for eco-conscious alternatives when purchasing items for my children. Since we live in a rural mountain area, there really aren't any local shops nearby with eco-friendly products unfortunately, so we do most of our purchasing online. I am sure many of you can relate. Purchasing online often actually saves me money and, when I purchase from Babe-Equip, I can receive free shipping when the items equal over £49.99!

If I have learned anything over the years, it's what items and toys babies and toddlers will love! That's why I have put together some gift ideas.

Here are some of my suggestions for great baby and toddler gift ideas:

Strollers Accessories To Keep Baby Warm
We like using our baby carrier, but sometimes it's not possible. For these times, we use our stroller and, with the upcoming cold weather, warm stroller accessories are a must! Cosie Toes, Cocoons, and footmuffs are perfect for keeping baby warm.

 

Eco-conscious Wooden Toys
I love purchasing toys for babies and toddlers! Wooden toys are the way to go because they are eco-friendly and long-lasting. We have several great wooden toys in our house and many of them are either Melissa and Doug or EverEarth! Both of these are favorites with my boys. These make great presents and always please. The walker in the picture is perfect for babies 18 months and older!

Balance Bikes
When my oldest, Josiah, started showing an interest in bikes, I did some research and found that wooden balance bikes were the perfect way for toddlers to improve balance and prepare for learning to ride a real bike. The Kiddimoto Kurve is the one we purchased with the Union Jack print. Josiah loves it!

Training Potties
We have used cloth nappies with both children and highly recommend parents giving them a try. However, now that Liam is getting older, we've started the potty training process! He is so resistant, but there are some great potty training products that can help the process, including travel potties for the upcoming holiday season when we are in the car so often. This may not sound like a go-to present, but we gave Liam his for Christmas and he was thrilled to receive such a big boy item! 

What products or toys do you recommend as presents for babies and toddlers? Liam's birthday is coming up soon and I need some help deciding on what else to buy!


15 comments:

Erickson said...

Thanks for the tips; I knew about "balance bikes", but not wooden ones; what a great idea and *hopefully* landing on wood won't hurt as badly as landing on metal lol! :-)

Unknown said...

Love this! it's so useful.Above post makes a good choice about what can be given for the baby so that it is not only functional, it will be memorable and useful.Many options available this days on what to gift for a baby like you can give them toys, teddy's, cloths, cartoon books etc.
Have a look at http://www.giftideaspro.com/gift-ideas-for-a-baby/ for some additional information.

Sarah P. said...

My son just turned 2. He loves play doh, painting, and bubbles! Simple things but they really keep him occupied.

stephbubbles12 said...

good ideas now I have an idea of what to get my new niece or nephew when he or she is born!

Unknown said...

Our youngest just turns 1 in a few days-- this gives me a few more ideas--thanks

Kristina G said...

Thanks for some great gift ideas. I have a baby shower to attend next week and now have some ideas!
Kristina.Glidewell@gmail.com

sarh s said...

Thanks for the great ideas. I absolutely LOVE wooden toys!

darlene miller said...

i love the wooden balance bike,my great grandson would love this. you just gave me a christmas ideal

JACLYN said...

Adorable stuff! The bike is too cute!

Jessica B. said...

I love wooden toys especially wooden puzzles for toddlers. Board books are always great too! jj250@aol.com

Unknown said...

i love these things! too cute! :)

LaProfesoraFrida said...

Great ideas! We have a baby shower coming up soon!

Fiddlin' Dandi said...

What a great list! Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

great ideas, I love the Balance Bikes.

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

Thank you for the great gift ideas. I'm always looking for a great gift idea especially with Christmas coming.

Post a Comment