3.6.13

Going To College? Check Out CampusBookRentals.com

When I started college at the University of Georgia, I was lucky enough to have the Hope Scholarship. I thought this meant my schooling would be taken care of, but I didn't take into consideration the cost of books. One book alone can cost over $100 and I've even had to buy some that were close to $300! I wish I'd known then what I now know. There is another money saving option thanks to CampusBookRentals. Instead of spending so much money purchasing books you will only use for one semester and only getting a small percentage when selling back, how about renting textbooks instead?

CampusBookRentals.com is the place to go for your textbook needs. You can save 40-90% off of those expensive bookstore prices. Plus, you get free shipping to your home and when you mail back after classes are over. The rental periods are also flexible, so if you need to keep the book for longer, you can do so! This is such a great idea and can save college students so much money.

As a mom and as a college student, I have always been on a budget, so I know how important it is to save money where you can. This is the way to save a great deal of money. Another reason we are huge fans of CampusBookRentals.com is because they partner with Operation Smile. This amazing organization funds life-changing cleft lip surgeries for children whose families could not otherwise afford them. So, know that when you rent books, you are also helping make a difference in someone's life. They have also set aside $90,000 in textbook scholarships for students, which is just awesome!

I am excited to tell you CampusBookRentals.com has a brand new program called RentBack! This new initiative allows students to rent out the textbooks they already own to other students. So, instead of selling them back to your campus bookstore and getting a ridiculously low amount of money, you can actually make 2-4x more money. This is such a great program and, if you have any books from when you were in school or if your kids have some, consider doing this instead of selling back and getting such a minute amount of money. Sadly, I've gotten less than $10 for a book I originally paid over $100 for when selling back to my campus bookstore. RentBack would have been such a better option and I highly recommend it! Here's a little more about it:

Are you going to college next semester or are any of your kids? Take a look at CampusBookRentals.com and see if they have course books that fit your needs before paying full-price!

4 comments:

Sandra VanHoey said...

I have to share this with my son. He too has paid oodles of money for his books and I think he still has many he no longer uses. Thank you for the info!

Robin O said...

Textbooks are SO expensive. This sounds like a great service--the new RentBack option will come in handy. Thanks for sharing!

Robin Wilson said...

Congrats on being in college! I have a son in college now and it seems like everything he needs is expensive! The textbooks are outrageous! He sells his on Amazon and does pretty good. But it is almost impossible to find books that he needs in the right version, so I will pass this info on to him. Thanks for the heads up!

jamie braun said...

i really wish we would have had something like this when I was in college! book are soooo expensive

Post a Comment