23.3.14

Quick Affordable Care At the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic #HealthcareClinic #CollectiveBias #shop

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #HealthcareClinic #CollectiveBias
I consider myself relatively healthy, but I have to admit that I always put my children first. This winter has been especially trying and my boys have been sick multiple times with a variety of illnesses. First, they both had strep throat, then the flu hit and now they are suffering from allergies.

Our busy, on-the-go family!
For this reason, I've put my healthcare aside and focused on keeping my boys well and this abruptly came to a halt two weeks ago when I came down a stomach bug that completely bombed my entire body. I was officially down for the count and in need of some kind of healthcare, but, as a mom, I'm always on the go and don't really have much downtime for myself. This makes it very difficult to schedule appointments for myself and, as you know, this time of year so many other people are sick that you have to take appointments if/when they are available. That doesn't work for me when I am driving the kids to school, picking them up and taking them around to other activities. I need something fast, efficient and reliable.
When I found out about our Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Atlanta, I was so excited because it is my favorite neighborhood drugstore. We go often for anything from getting a quick snack and picking up some shampoo to visiting the pharmacy for medications and getting photos developed. Why not also visit the doctor or nurse practitioner while there? This is such an ingenious idea and we happily obliged a visit... or three. We've been there multiple times over the past months and, as you can tell, have always been very happy with our service!

For our most recent visit, Mama had her turn for a wellness visit. Thankfully, my stomach bug was well in the past, but I really wanted to check in with a healthcare professional to make sure I was doing all I can do to be healthy and stay healthy. Since my stomach bug, I'd been experiencing heartburn like nobody's business, which is something new for me and I definitely did NOT like it. Getting checked out was just what I needed.
As soon as we got there, I checked in via their computer system. From there, I entered my information and why I was visiting. The first screen asked if I needed to be seen for prevention & wellness, treatment and monitoring & managing.


I choose prevention & wellness since I wanted to be checked out and to get a physical to get me back to full health. Then, there were several choices to narrow down why I wanted to be seen that day.

In only a few minutes, I was ready to be seen and, after about 10 minutes I was seen by a nurse practitioner, which was amazing! When seeing other healthcare providers, I end up waiting for at least 30 minutes and I've even waited up to two hours in the past, which is just ridiculous, especially when you have children. She immediately started her evaluation by asking me questions about my daily life and current health. By the end of the visit, I was feeling much better about my health and had a plan set for becoming healthier and staying that way!
An entire aisle of vitamins, probiotics & other supplements!
She recommended an over-the-counter medication for my heartburn, a women's daily vitamin and a new probiotic since I was unhappy with my current one. She even took me over to the vitamins and pointed out the ones she thought I should try, which I thought was above and beyond as a healthcare provider. She took her time to talk to me, answer questions and never once hurried me like other doctors have.

Being able to be seen by a healthcare provider, purchase my medication and pick up some other items was great! Plus, I was in and out of there in about 30-40 minutes! I had a great visit and highly recommend this for your family's healthcare needs.

Have you visited a Walgreens Healthcare Clinic? If so, leave a comment and tell us about your visit!


I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #HealthcareClinic #CollectiveBias

4 comments:

Amy said...

I've never been to a Walgreens Clinic.. I wonder if my local Walgreens has one. Much better than having to wait at my Family docs for anywhere from 30 min to 3 hours before being seen.

Anonymous said...

I love how convenient the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic is and how quickly you can get answers. And how nice you could pick up your prescription while you were there without a second stop! #client

BrettBMartin said...

It's so easy as moms to put our health and well being behind that of our children and family obligations, and so hard to put ourselves first! But we have to take care of us too

Trista Anderson said...

I have never been to a Walgreens Clinic. This looks like it'd be a good idea for when my doctor is busy

Post a Comment