28.7.14

Join Champions for Kids & Donate School Supplies This Back To School Season #SIMPLEGiving

I participated in this program on behalf of Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.

I cannot believe summer is quickly coming to an end! In fact, Josiah goes to meet his 2nd grade teacher on Thursday and school begins next week. That's why we've been back to school shopping over the past week. I've always loved back to school shopping at Walmart because they have such great sale items available and we can not only get the products needed for Josiah's class, but I don't have to spend a bundle. However, I have to admit, buying new shoes,clothes, a backpack, lunch bag, and other school supplies can add up to a hefty total. That's why I was so excited to hear about Walmart's partnership with Champions for Kids, Elmer's, Purell & Unilever. Over 3,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. are participating in the #SIMPLEGiving initiative, helping collect supplies for children in need. Select stores will feature bins to collect school supplies donated by shoppers from July 7th until August 1st. Perhaps you've seen a bin in your local Walmart. Plus, each bookbag contains a coupon booklet valued at more than $50! Once you pick up the backpack to donate, just remove the coupon book and use it for yourself! Then, just place the backpack full of supplies in the bus donation bin.
Being prepared for the first day of school is so very important and this initiative can make such a difference in a child's life. When Liam was still receiving chemotherapy and often at the hospital, we struggled to pay our bills and needed help. We learned first-hand just how much even small acts of kindness can positively effect life. When an organization donated art and school supplies to both of our children not only were my boys excited and happy, but my husband and I were beyond grateful to receive anything.  I can imagine a book bag filled with school supplies would have the same impact on a child and their family.
This weekend we went to our local Walmart to purchase school supplies for Josiah and for donation! As always, I was amazed at the great deals. Since Josiah is entering the 2nd grade, we found his supply list and went from there. I also used Josiah's list for our donations since one was not provided. I bought double and, on some items, triple the amount on his school list. I figure now is the time to stock up for the entire year, for his teacher, and for other donations, especially when crayons were as low as $.25 a box! We found book bags for as low $3.99 and scissors for only $.50, too. For all of the school supplies and donations, I ended up paying a total of $32.53, which is just amazing, in my opinion. Not only will Josiah be ready for class on Monday, but now I know another little boy or girl will be ready, too!
Please take a moment to donate items for students, too. Click here to see a list of participating Walmart stores. Over 16 million American children live in poverty and purchasing quality school supplies can be such a challenge. Being prepared for school will help children be more equipped to succeed academically and creatively. Just imagine the smile you can bring to another child's face by giving them the tools they need to have a successful school year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment